Ruzafa premieres ‘Russafira’ this coming weekend, an exhibition dedicated to the artists and artisans of the neighbourhood. Manuel Granero Park will be the venue for an exciting lineup of events on the 3rd and 4th of June. The programme will feature a diverse range of activities, including live music encompassing reggae and Cuban rhythms, engaging storytelling sessions, entertaining activities for children, vibrant batucadas, thought-provoking debates, and a bustling market area showcasing talented artists and artisans. The Russafira schedule will run from midday to 3pm and from 5pm to 10pm on both days in the iconic area of the capital of the Turia.
The Jarité association, renowned for their organisation of the Russafa carnival, has created this new event with the aim of highlighting and celebrating the cultural diversity and wealth of the neighbourhood. This initiative represents a comprehensive, intercultural, and empowering endeavour that seeks to create awareness within society regarding issues such as inequality, climate, and racial challenges.
The Russafira Programme 2023
Saturday, 3rd of June:
- 11:00h to 12:30h: Rehearsal Symphony Orchestra of Russafa. Tribute to Nino Bravo, Queen and soundtracks. The event will be accompanied by live painting by Em.Patia
- 12:30h: Valencian Dance Group La Magrana
- 13:00h: València-Port! Healthy Valencia. No to Russafa’s MYP!
- 13:30h: Dance Group Movilízate – Yolanda Bautista
- 14:00h: DJ Dehmoni
- 17:00h: Rebombori batucada. Delivery of awards Russafa Carnival, batucadas and MM.SS.
- 17:15h: Eiwä, Cientambores, Carimbolada Soul and Ta!quirikita!
- 17:30h: African Union Federation, Tanquem Cofrents, València Saludable and Taleia Youth Center
- 18:00h: Presentation Caravan Opening Borders Melilla’23. Performance ‘A Ship of Stories’, Amana Mneme
- 18:30h: African storyteller Siaka Coulibaly
- 19:00h: Andrés Quintana Canet (singer-songwriter)
- 19:30h: Toni Carrión (singer-songwriter)
- 20:00h: The Lokura Band – Rumba Rock
Sunday, 4th of June:
- 10:30h to 13: 00h: Street chess – Monteolivete Chess Club. Simultaneous blind, quick games for amateurs with members.
- 12:00h to 14:00h: Umbrella workshop against inequality and wars
- 12:00h: Mitrofan and the real estate bubble (singer-songwriter)
- 12:30h: Presentation of the social and political agreement of Pier 4 community
- 13:00h: Workshop on social and community uses Pier 4
- 14:00h: Cuban Reggae Roots
- 17:00h to 20:00h: Umbrella workshop against inequality and wars
- 17:00h: Cochabamba traditions Salay Bolivia and Salay Cochabamba subsidiaries València
- 18:15h: Fashion and dance pass African Union Federation. Delivery of awards Latin carnival of Russafa.
- 19:00h: Andean Culture Ecuador, Colombia Tierra Querida, Tinkus San Simon, Corporals USA subsidiaries Valencia
- 20:00h: The Hundred Hard – Rock. The event will be accompanied by live painting by Em.Patia
Report by Melissa McCrow
Article copyright ‘24/7 Valencia’
3rd and 4th of June, from 12:00h – 22:00h
Parque Manuel Granero,
Plaza Manuel Granero (Ruzafa)